Monday, April 6, 2015

2nd Model Study

I decided that my second model study would be of a drainpipe located on one of the sides of the buildings I found when looking around Norwich's City Centre.


It is clear that many objects in this are rectangular in nature, so these should probably be the starting point for my model.


I think I did a much better job on accuracy this time as I didn't try and constrain myself to a poly limit. I even introduced a little bit of polish with the bevel tool to make everything look a little smoother. However, there are still a few minor issues that could be addressed in terms of accuracy,


As shown in the wireframe view, there are a few discrepancies between the model itself and the original photo. The most prominent is the ties that keep the drainpipe attached to the wall. On the model itself, they are far too small compared to the photo. There are a few more areas that could be tweaked, such as the horizontal distance between the two outcrops on either side of the drainpipe. But either way, this is a much better attempt than my first model study.

No comments:

Post a Comment