Monday, April 27, 2015

5th Model Study

This, I decided, was to be my fifth and final model study, after which I would select the model studies I deemed most successful and submit them. This time I chose to do another window.

I picked this one primarily because of the difference in texture as well as an opportunity to use the knowledge I have learnt about the different texture maps. The most notable three I used here were the diffuse, specular and bump maps.


I got the general shape and texture of the window about right, but as was said to me in the group critique, it looks too straight and geometrical, so that is something I will have to fix later.


This is primarily showing off basic usage of the specular map. This shows the difference in specularity between the window and the bricks, which I managed to achieve by using a light area where the windows are on the specular map, with the bricks being a darker shade so they won't be as highlighted.


This shows off both the specular and bump map. Since, by this point, I wasn't quite aware of how to convert a bump map into a normal map, it still looks a little flat and odd, but much better than have it remain flat.


This is the geometry itself. I tried to keep it relatively low-poly and cleaned up as I went by using the merge vertex tool. However, there are some issues where there are a few long and thing polygons, which can prove to be an issue if I am not careful with how I use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment