Monday, April 20, 2015

4th Model Study

My fourth model study is going to be the Memorial Pillar located just beyond Castle Meadow Street in the Norwich city centre.


I thought that this would be a good choice because of the repeating elements, as well as the varied textures throughout the piece. If I build it up piece by piece I should be able to get it looking fairly accurate.


This is how it looks currently. I used a lot of the duplicate special tool to get parts such as the base and the small pillars to be similar to each other in geometry, as well as being well positioned so that I could easily join them up without having to move and line them up manually.

However, like before, there are issues I didn't notice as I was putting the model together. Some of the textures, such as just above the base, are wrong, as the solid stone should be bricks instead. I also need to add more erosion and tweak the geometry a little for it to be accurate.


Showing the geometry, I think I did a fairly good job on the topology. It means that, should I need to change anything, it won't be difficult to go in and tweak it, plus, it will be easier to render when placed in-engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment