Thursday, May 14, 2015

Final Idea for Creative Brief


Following on from the critique I got about my previous design, I went back to the drawing board and looked more at the mood boards I had collected, analysing some of the follies I really liked and picking out the features I enjoyed about them.


While I liked the detail work in this folly, its small size isn't what I am going for any more, I feel. What does strike out to me are the small double pillars, as well as the reaching spires on the balustrade up top. These sharp features would be a nice mediator for the final folly's rounder shapes, offering a balanced experience that would look aesthetically pleasing to look at.


In terms of the overall silhouette, this folly - which is the Temple of Diana nearby Highclere Castle in Hampshire - suits pretty well for the idea I have in mind. I'm thinking of exchanging the pillar shape on this folly and using something akin to the design in the other image, whilst also throwing in a twist of my own by adding the arch I wanted to include earlier.


This is what I came up with, including improvements from the critique as well as elements from the two follies I analyzed. I incorporated the arch into the pillars themselves, as well as adapting the design from the folly analysis and remixing it into a whole new pillar shape.


The silhouette is fairly pleasing from all angles, both above and below, though it will mainly be seen from below, plus there is plenty more room for people to walk around the folly's base.


While some intricacies of the model can be tweaked, I think I can begin working on my final model for this creative brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment