Friday, May 1, 2015

Final Submissions for 4 Model Studies

These 4 models were the final four I selected for submission for the study portion of this project, in order of when they were created.



I had created this initial decorative piece before the window,  but initially I wasn't happy with it. However, I went back and fixed it up a little and smoothed it out by adding a few bevels, but there were still some issues that would be difficult to fix without starting again, such as the odd geometry on the roofing.


The drainpipe was my second selection. Unfortunately, I didn't get time to go back and fix the issue with the ties, but nevertheless I thought it was one of the first studies that I was happy with in terms of getting roughly the right shape.


The memorial pillar was my third submission, with some changes from the last time it was shown. I tried to add a normal map and a simple ground to show how it sits at an angle, but to be honest, they could be a whole lot better done, as the texture for the stone does not look at all what it is meant to look like. The normal map could be toned back a whole lot, as right now there is too much texture for what the material should look like.


This was my final submission, and the one I was most happy with. I went back after looking at the critique I got and tweaked the geometry a little, as well as adding more texture and converting the bump map into a normal map. Whilst far from perfect, I am well on the way to creating realistic looking game-ready assets.

No comments:

Post a Comment