Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Mood Board - Georgian Follies


I went forth and collected some images of Georgian era Follies. At first glance there are many similarities that stand out to me - a lot of them are circular and feature some form of pillar structure around the main building. Perhaps it would be a good idea to consider a variation of this when creating my folly.

I also noticed that a lot of them share a similar kind of texture. As to what it is exactly, I am unsure. It seems like it would be stone but it would also be difficult to carve and haul such large shapes up to where they are ultimately located, so I am led to believe that it may be some form of plaster instead. Either way, it would be a good idea to investigate both these materials to get an idea of what to use in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment