Thursday, May 14, 2015

Life Drawing 5


In our last session for the year, we were given the task to do a long pose for the entirety of the session. I chose to do a 3/4 length portrait, putting a lot more detail into elements such as her face as well as some of the things she wore. Again, by using mid-tone I could utilise chalk to add in highlights, which worked to some success. However, there are a few accuracy qualms, such as with the face, which seems off. For example, the right eye could be smaller and is a slightly different shape to her left eye. Also, the shading, whilst well done, feels a little flat compared to some of my other mid-tone long poses - I could have gotten away with darkening the left side of the picture a little more, even if it wasn't quite like that in real life.

 Even so, I can see improvement in my observational skills, as these poses look a lot more life-like than some of my first drawings when beginning life drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment