Monday, January 26, 2015

3D Iterations Part 6

Since I have finished the general shape of my gargoyle, I have begun work on detailing. I've been working with alphas to speed up the process of producing the scales, with some success.


I used this image I created to attempt to create an effect like what is on a chicken's foot, which is like small scales.


However, I didn't like how it came out, since it stood out too much against the stylised pattern that I have used on the rest of the gargoyle, so I decided to not carry this through and left it out.



This is the piece, with the texture work mostly finished. I went and put on all the scales, then used a scattered brush to add erosion before smoothing it all out. I may end up smoothing some parts out even more to get a more pronounced erosion effect, but I think it is looking good so far.


A little bonus, trying out a downloaded MatCap with some lighting set up, just to see how I might approach this when I start polypainting next.




No comments:

Post a Comment