Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Project Brief for BA2

We have been set our next assignment which will be involving the use of digital sculpting to produce a game-ready asset. During this project, we will be learning how to use the program, ZBrush, as well as skills we have already picked up in the last project to design and create an asset that is optimised for use in games.

We will be expected to produce the following work for final submission:


  • A finalised digital sculpture (.zpr) and digital turntable (.mov).
  • A document evidencing your iteration process (.pdf).
  • A document showing examples of anatomical life drawing (.pdf).
  • A reflective journal and 500 word evaluation, such as this blog (.pdf).
Our theme for this project is 'Gargoyles'. Throughout this project we will be expected to produce a gargoyle which, whilst keeping in the realms of realism and also considering historical and cultural aspects, can be based on whatever we see fit. We must also consider a range of approaches to tackle this project, using critical analysis to create a well-rounded sculpt. On top of this, we must also keep in mind the skills we will learn throughout the workshops and the application of them through our sculpture iterations.

I am excited to finally start a new project, as this will help me improve my skills in both 2D and 3D forms. I already have a few ideas in mind but I will have to explore these ideas more before I pin myself down on a concrete plan. I have already experimented lightly within ZBrush so this will help to improve me in this aspect, where I will hopefully pick up the skills to streamline my workflow and help me produce higher quality assets. I will make sure to improve a lot more on the iterative process this time around, as I felt that this was one of my weaker areas in the last project. Overall, however, I am looking forward to start working.

No comments:

Post a Comment